With governmental fuel levies increasing by 52c per litre on 4 April, everyone can do with a bit of saving on petrol costs. This means we will be paying taxes of R3.62 per litre of petrol. This is in addition to last year’s hike of 30c per litre.
Here’s how you can get some rewards and earn loyalty kickbacks on your fuel purchases.
BP has partnered with the Avios Travel Rewards Programme. This means you need an Avios card to claim Avois points.
How Do You Sign Up For An Avois card?
- Ask a petrol attendant at BP.
- Activate your card online here.
- For every 2 litres you spend you will earn 1 Avios point.
- With this card you can earn 1 Discovery Mile for every R15 that you spend at BP.
- It is linked to your Vitality status so you can earn up to 10X the points based on how high your Vitality status is.
- For every 1 litre you fill up at Shell, you will earn 1 Clicks point. Not all the Shell service stations are on board so check the list of participating sites here to make sure.
- Customers will receive 150 Thank U points for every litre of fuel purchased.
- This one makes the most sense if you are an existing Standard Bank customer.
- Sign up to the uCount Rewards programme for R20 a month.
- Use your Standard Bank Credit, Cheque or Debit account card to earn uCount rewards on fuel purchases.
- You receive a uCount Rewards card that is a debit card. The rewards earned is cash that you can only spend at Caltex and other rewards partners.