As a group of enthusiastic thrill seekers recently we recently gave the Jump City Challenge at uShaka a go.
The event takes the form of an obstacle race with a variety of exercises aimed at testing your fitness and fun-loving limits.
Here is a breakdown of the Jump City Challenge route:
- Start – across from the Wahooz restaurant outside the uShaka waterpark
- Beachfront run down towards North beach
- onto the beach for a long leopard crawl section
- hop on angled stepping boards
- crawl through a net underneath the Moyo pier
- rope pullup to touch pier
- ladder climb onto pier
- three sections on beach with cross training
- up and over wooden obstacles
- lekker long run on the beach to the Durban Undersea Club
- out and around the back
- Tackle Bag jumping castle
- low scaffold climbing
- beam walk
- more high wooden obstacles to scale over in uShaka parking lot
- running down the alleys behind uShaka
- in and through Robsons Real Beer. They have the best beer in Durban by the way! Didn’t stop for a pint though.
- exit and the back and right into Train gym Studio
- the usual crossfit fare
- some more running to the uShaka Wet ‘n Wild
- Running through the aquarium
- Wading into the Lazy River
- 3 slides!
- massive jumping castle slide
- out and back to the start / end
- one of two last obstacles for good measure